Wednesday 23 March 2011

Pleased with myself

After work last night i did a very brave thing indeed.  Me and my paintings went a travelling to a trendy little restaurant in the hope that they would like my work and hang them for me. 

I cannot tell you how nervous i was!  Trying to sell your own work is not easy.  Because i have spent so many hours painting these canvases and then weeks/months/years of staring at them everytime i go into my studio, i start to dislike them and find fault in them, so the thought of someone else liking them is hard for me to understand.  BUT.....they wanted them.  Yay!  They are going to hang 5 pieces in the restaurant....how exciting. 

I have another couple of places that are interested.  I'll just keep cracking on and on and on..........

No comments:

Post a Comment