Sunday 21 April 2013

WIP ~ And inspired inspired inspired

I have found a new leash of creativity.  Totally inspired by so many artists and the latest is Lucy Claydons work, which you can view here.  I am loving her style, the faces and the colours she uses.
So, it inspired me to do a little bit of sketching this morning.


Due to having no blank canvases i decided to rework an old one.....so i splashed on a little more paint to go over the image that was there originally.  I had always loved the paint runs on this canvas but hated the image.  So with a few more squirts of water and paint runs this happened.....


And then i loved it.  Careful not to paint over those yummy colours i've added a face and with a light white wash am pleased that i can see the runs coming through and adding to her skin tone.  This is where i am with it so far.....


A way to go but glad i've got my mojo back :)

2 comments:

  1. Its beautiful Cara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm no expert, but I know what I like....and I love both!

    ReplyDelete